REGISTER FOR THE 24th ANNUAL KENTUCKY SPINAL CORD AND HEAD INJURY RESEARCH TRUST SYMPOSIUM: Thursday, May 10th, 2018 at the University of Kentucky.
SCoBIRC Research Focus Areas
- Treatments to minimize damage and promote repair mechanisms following spinal cord or brain injury
- Strategies to promote neuronal regeneration, including gene therapy
- Understanding the mechanisms involved in axon guidance and myelination
- Implementation of advanced control systems for functional neuromuscular stimulation
The Faculty in SCoBIRC are members of a number of graduate programs which provide a wide range of educational opportunities.
- Integrated Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
- Masters of Science in Medical Sciences
- University of Kentucky MD/PhD Program
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
The vibrant, open lab environment of SCoBIRC allows undergraduates to gain valuable experience while being part a productive research community. The most direct way to inquire about potential lab openings is to email a Faculty Member directly. Additional information is available through the Office of Biomedical Education and the Office of Undergraduate Research